01 Feb How a gym owner supplied members with apparel at Zero Cost and made Profit
How a gym owner supplied members with apparel at Zero Cost and made Profit
Looking to Create:
Comfortable spring apparel for her CrossFit members by keeping no inventory and maximizing profits
Jamie needed some sweet new custom apparel for Spring so we collaborated on specific items and came up with first iteration of mockups using their logo and a quote from CrossFit founder Greg Glassman: “Do the common uncommonly well.”
Here was our IPO (Initial Product Offering) using triblend short sleeve tees and triblend hooded long sleeves:
We used the triblend material because it’s the softest out of all the standard shirt fabrics and the hooded long sleeves are great to keep on during warm ups.
Jamie thought the blue was lighter than she wanted and we figured the white styles should match too, so we finalized with the Next Level Triblend Short Sleeve Tees for Men and Women, and the equivalent colors in the Next Level Triblend Hooded Long Sleeve Tees. We left the white men’s tee the Bella Canvas Triblend Tee in White Fleck because we used that exact shirt and color with previous CrossFit Fenton designs.
Now how can she provide apparel for her members by not paying anything? Online Pre-Sale.
Here’s how an Online Pre-Sale works:
1. We create a page that displays the products you want to sell
2. Your members go onto the site, pick their size, and pay for their order
3. They can choose to have their order shipped directly to them or pick it up at the gym where we’ll have every “Local Pickup” order individually bagged and labeled for easy distribution
Here are the benefits of an Online Pre-Sale as a gym:
1. The gym owner doesn’t pay for inventory in the hopes to sell it because people are placing their own orders before anything is ever printed!
2. Since we handle all the payments through our website store, there’s no chasing money down from members
3. Once the custom product is printed, all the gym owner has to do is distribute at their gym and we make it so easy with every order individually bagged and labeled
4. The gym owner can then use the profits from sales to order coaches gear or to have a few pieces in stock for new members and drop-ins (or those members who forgot!)
It’s a beautiful thing when you don’t have to stress about collecting money, having shirts that won’t sell, or having too many of one size in stock while running out of a popular size.
We love helping Jamie at CrossFit Fenton get awesome custom apparel for her members! Here’s some cool pictures of them in our gear from their community driven Facebook: